Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi everyone, are there any mistakes or repetitions in this piece of writing? I'm grateful for any contribution.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************

Gan was deteriorating faster and faster, Yan was beside herself with distress, and Yang was no better. As for Rui, he isolated his emotions, working every second of every day. Gan was his friend and brother; nothing was going to stop him from saving his life. Both the program that controlled the nanobots and the nanobots themselves had to be tested before they could be used on Gan. Rui finally finished building the nanobots, and he tested them on seven rats with tumours Yang had procured from the university. Several rats died, but Rui cured four of the rats and asked Yang to get more. Gan fell into a coma before the rats arrived, and they knew they were out of time. So Rui had Yang prepare the nanobots for injection by placing them in a saline solution, once injected, Rui monitored their progress. Yan stayed by Gan’s side while Yang went back and forth between Gan and Rui.

Last edited:
The only thing that gets confusing is that three of the characters are called Yan, Gan and Yang. I was getting very confused by the end about who was who.

The only thing that gets confusing is that three of the characters are called Yan, Gan and Yang. I was getting very confused by the end about who was who.
Yang is Gan's father, whose wife died many years ago. Yan is the younger sister of Yang's wife and she has been looking after Yang and Gan since Yang's wife passed away.

Thanks, but the problem is that the names sound very similar.

So Rui had Yang prepare the nanobots for injection by placing them in a saline solution, once injected, Rui monitored their progress.

I would separate this into two sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back