English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"I am on an adventure".
Please stop putting a space after opening quotation marks. I've corrected it in each of your posts but you don't seem to have noticed.

I have no idea what adventure she's on. I'd probably have to watch the whole video to work it out and, honestly, life's too short.

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland
Please stop putting a space after opening quotation marks. I've corrected it in each of your posts but you don't seem to have noticed.

I have no idea what adventure she's on. I'd probably have to watch the whole video to work it out and, honestly, life's too short.
So sorry for the same mistake that I make most of times. I always notice all your corrections and I always try to learn from them, yet I sometimes forget this point. I will try to take this mistake into my consideration and not to make it next times. Thanks a million.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"As you can see if you're here normally with me" = 'As you can tell, if you're a regular/frequent viewer, I have a new background' (the fly-waving gesture is actually a gesture towards her background).

"I'm on an adventure, and let's see how we look" = 'I'm experimenting with a new visual look/background, and let's see how it looks' .

She's rather over-enthusiastic about it - not sure why a plain dark orange background would be so adventurous, but her entire channel seems to new-age hippy/wiccan "self-help"psychobabble. Note she persists on spelling 'magic' as "magick" in some of her other videos (and seems to believe in magic). She makes references to being "connected to the collective" (consciousness) and other nonsense. She also references the Akashic Academy - investigate at your own risk.

There's nothing wrong with positive thinking and having a positive attitude of course, but she's taking it beyond that into spiritual and psychic fantasy talk.

Simply calling a new background (and not a particularly colorful or bold one at that) "an adventure" should give you a sense of how overly dramatic she's being.

I'm generally not one to pooh-pooh someone's religion or spiritual beliefs, but it's a bit hard to take her seriously when she's talking of inner psychic connections to past lives and a transcendental concept of something called "Akashic Record". Kind of gives off cultish vibe, in my opinion.

If you strive hard enough, maybe you're offered a specially-flavored kool-aid to be drank with a large group of strangers....

I'm also slightly concerned why her meaning was so immediately evident to me. :cautious:

Last edited:

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland
"As you can see if you're here normally with me" = 'As you can tell, if you're a regular/frequent viewer, I have a new background' (the fly-waving gesture is actually a gesture towards her background).

"I'm on an adventure, and let's see how we look" = 'I'm experimenting with a new visual look/background, and let's see how it looks' .

She's rather over-enthusiastic about it - not sure why a plain dark orange background would be so adventurous, but her entire channel seems to new-age hippy/wiccan "self-help"psychobabble. Note she persists on spelling 'magic' as "magick" in some of her other videos (and seems to believe in magic) She makes references to being "collected to the collective" (consciousness) and other nonsense. She also references the Akashic Academy - investigate at your own risk.

There's nothing wrong with positive thinking and having a positive attitude of course, but she's taking it beyond that into spiritual and psychic fantasy talk.

Simply calling a new background (and not a particularly colorful or bold one at that) "an adventure" should give you a sense of overly dramatic she's being.

I'm generally not one to pooh-pooh someone's religion or spiritual beliefs, but it's a bit hard to take her seriously when she's talking of inner psychic connections to past lives and a transcendental concept of something called "Akashic Record". Kind of gives off cultish vibe, in my opinion.

If you strive hard enough, maybe you're offered a specially-flavored kool-aid to be drank with a large group of strangers....

I'm also slightly concerned why her meaning was so immediately evident to me. :cautious:
Amaaaaaaazing explanation teacher Skrej.😍 I totally agree with every single word you mentioned above, and besides what you said, I think she traveled to somewhere in her summer holiday with her son because she said that she is in a hotel. Your explanation helped me so much to understand her idea better, so trillions of thanks to you again. 🥰

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That makes perfect sense!!! I'm staggered that I didn't clock she meant the literal background. I just assumed she was talking about herself and her history (the background of her earlier life). Admittedly, I didn't listen any further than the quoted parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.