To burst with someone's meat ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
He meant Wooster.

I did indeed. :oops:

I've never seen the TV show. (This is the first I've heard of it.)

But it's not like the Jeeves of the novels to talk nonesense. That was Bertie's department.

Where does it happen on the video? If you can tell us the place where "Jeeves goes on for several minutes," I'll take a look.

My bad. Just watch the opening.

in fact, I still really can't understand the meaning of this phrase and it seems strange to me in general to say this to someone :shock:

In fact, I still really can't understand the meaning of this phrase and it seems strange to me in general to say this to someone. :shock:

You really don't need to worry about it. I can assure you that it's not in general use (in any variant of English, as far as I know) and you're unlikely ever to stumble across it again. I suggest you move on.

in fact, I still really can't understand the meaning of this phrase and it seems strange to me in general to say this to someone :shock:
Wodehouse's characters often use descriptive language meant to show that they've been exposed to a high level of education without necessarily absorbing much useful knowledge. The speaker is using a roundabout, vaguely literary way of saying that Bertie has eaten a lot; he's so full of the meat he's been served that he's practically exploding.

If it sounds strange, it's because it's meant to. These characters like to sound different from the common herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back