Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
I have question which needs the right answer. My question is about two sentenses that must have the correct tenses:
1- The rise in demand for timber distroys / is disrtoying large areas of rain forest.
2- I work / have worked at the university for over ten years now

Welcome to the forum, Abdelghani Berrahou.

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with homework. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.t

Note the correct spelling of sentence and destroy.

Abdelghani Berrahou claims to be an English teacher. Can that be true?

Abdelghani Berrahou claims to be an English teacher. Can that be true?
Hi!yes i admit i have made mistake when i wrote "distroy" this was a slip of typing! but why don't you focus on the question that I asked which was about the use of the right tenses in the two sentences?!!! this what i really want to know...speaking about spelling mistakes or punctiations and capitalization in forums is rarely acceptable because we usually need to know the context rather than the spelling patterns. so plz answer my question since you're native speakers and I'm not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, Abdelghani Berrahou.

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with homework. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.t

Hi! this is a homework! who told you that!!! i just want to get the answer because i discussed it with my friend and we wanted to get the right answer. i think this forum helps people who wants to improve their English lge .. this is why i joined that forum! so try to give me the answer.

Hi! this is a homework! who told you that!!! i just want to get the answer because i discussed it with my friend and we wanted to get the right answer. i think this forum helps people who wants to improve their English lge .. this is why i joined that forum! so try to give me the answer.

Are you an English teacher, Abdelghani?

I think the administration should prohibit that red colour. It's so annoying. :-D

I think the administration should prohibit that red colour. It's so annoying. :-D

There is no need for red to be prohibited but there is also absolutely no reason for those posts to be that colour. I have edited the posts so they are in black, as normal.

Hi!yes i admit i have made mistake when i wrote "distroy" this was a slip of typing! but why don't you focus on the question that I askedwhich was about the use of the right tenses in the two sentences?!!! this what i really want to know...
In this forum we expect English teachers not to make mistakes such as those I have underlined.
speaking about spelling mistakes or punctiations and capitalization in forums is rarely acceptable
It is more than acceptable in this forum; it is essential. An important part of what we do here is point out people's mistakes so that they can try to avoid them in the future.

this is a homework! who told you that!!!
Well, they looked like questions from a homework and, quite frankly, the post did not look as though it came from an English teacher.

In this forum we expect English teachers not to make mistakes such as those I have underlined.It is more than acceptable in this forum; it is essential. An important part of what we do here is point out people's mistakes so that they can try to avoid them in the future.

Well, they looked like questions from a homework and, quite frankly, the post did not look as though it came from an English teacher.

why don't you answer my question?

Why don't you answer my question?

We will consider helping you to get to the right answer after:

1) You confirm whether or not you really are an English teacher
2) We are satisfied this is not a homework question.

If the next post you make in this thread does not deal with those two points, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back