Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Please look at my post #18 regarding spacing with full stops, then edit your post.

I am sorry. I have made the correction. Please reply to my question.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am sorry. I cannot find the post. Please help me.

In post #18 of this thread I reminded you that we do not put a space before a full stop, and I asked you to edit your posts removing the space that you continue to add incorrectly before every full stop. I have corrected your post above in red so you can see how it should look.

GentleBoy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
In post #18 of this thread I reminded you that we do not put a space before a full stop, and I asked you to edit your posts removing the space that you continue to add incorrectly before every full stop. I have corrected your post above in red so you can see how it should look.

Alright. I have made the correction in all the post in this thread as you said. Please reply to my question in post #19.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks. [STRIKE]Sir[/STRIKE] I am quite clear about this now after all the discussion. But let me ask you something related.

I am describing [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] one regular past event here.

Example -

1. At that time we were not very close friends. If I asked her anything, she wouldn't even reply. I used to feel very bad.
2. When I was a kid, if I asked my father for something [STRIKE]to my father[/STRIKE], he would surely bring it for/to me .

These are the case "accepted past event". Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

With the exception of the slight amendments I made in red, your two sentences are correct. Please note that it's inappropriate to use such terms as "Sir" in your posts. Not only is it not necessary to be so formal, but many of the teachers here are female.

Status
Not open for further replies.