Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I have a problem with using the word "variety". However, I have made some examples to clear my understanding.
"a variety of experts" (adj)
"various experts" (adj)
Are the both above same and correct?

Let me add them in a sentence to check my understanding.

"By attending educational conferences, I will be able to network with a variety of experts."

"By attending educational conferences, I will be able to network with various experts."

I have a problem with using the word "variety". However, I have made some examples to clear my understanding.
"a variety of experts" (adj)
"various experts" (adj)
Are the both above same and correct?

Let me add them in a sentence to check my understanding.

"By attending educational conferences, I will be able to network with a variety of experts."

"By attending educational conferences, I will be able to network with various experts."

There is no significant difference.

Hmm! My understanding seems to be correct. I have noticed another one; "a number of" "numerous" and I am clear with that. But I have a doubt. Well! Varieties is the plural of variety. I think "varieties" is used quite differently. Suppose if I say "I will be able to meet varieties of experties at the meeting.", am I correct?

This is actually I am asking because I want to be clear with the usage of the word "variety".

Thanks.

Hmm! My understanding seems to be correct. I have noticed another one; "a number of" "numerous" and I am clear with that. But I have a doubt. Well! Varieties is the plural of variety. I think "varieties" is used quite differently. Suppose if I say "I will be able to meet varieties of experties at the meeting.", am I correct?

[strike]This is actually[/strike] I am asking because I want to be clear with the usage of the word "variety".

Thanks.

"Varieties of experts" is very unnatural, you are right.

I will be able to meet various experts.
I will be able to meet a variety of experts.

We don't talk about experts in terms of "varieties". We have "types/kinds" of experts.

Note that you wrote "varieties of experties" in your original. I assume this was a typo for "experts" and that you weren't trying to write "expertise".

Just to be clear, I see nothing wrong with "a variety of experts". "Varieties of experts" is not very natural as emrs posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back