[Essay] Vegetarian Topic (please correct and explain to understand) for IELTS practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeyadsama

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
In general, a vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat, but there is more than this, some more strict vegetarians add milk products and seafood to the list.
The vegetarians are categorized into three types: the Lacto-Ovo vegetarians who eat dairy products and eggs, but no meat, the Ovo-vegetarians who eat eggs, but neither meat nor dairy products, and the vegans are the toughest since they eat neither meat nor dairy products.The underlying reasons for adopting this lifestyle may be for health reasons, being born in a vegetarian family or related to cultural and religious issues. Also, some vegans feel pity for animals.There are many benefits as opposed to the disadvantages of being a vegetarian.
To begin with, the advantages of a vegan diet are many, the vegetarian foods have been known for long to protect the body from the different diseases like cancer, chronic fatigue, cholesterol problems, and diabetes because they are rich in fibers, antioxidants, have low amounts of the cholesterol, and the unsaturated fats. Therefore, it's good for decreasing weigh. Furthermore, it benefits the environment because the meat industry affects the land and the atmosphere by the pollution and it is good for saving money since the meat food products are the most expensive forms of food on the contrast people spend less amount of the vegan foods.
On the other hand, although the advantages of being a vegan are very obvious, there are also disadvantages that need to be addressed. For example, the health issues caused by the difficulty of finding all the required nutrients for a healthy body such calcium, iron, and protein. Consequently, without these significant nutrients, the probability of having a low bone mineral density will be high and a weak body's immune system, so the solution is to find substitutes for meat such as beans, peas, lentils, and peanuts.In addition, eating out can be a challenge due to most restaurant menus are geared towards meat eaters.
To sum up, we have to eat all kinds of food in reasonable quantities to avoid health issues that may affect our vital organs.

Attachments

• vegetarian.docx
    14.1 KB · Views: 2

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Before I look at your actual essay, let me set you straight about what vegetarians do and don't eat (I've been vegetarian for over twenty years and vegan for nearly two).

Vegetarian: does not eat meat, poultry, fish, seafood, gelatine. Basically, nothing that requires the death of an animal.
Vegan: does not eat meat, poultry, fish, seafood, gelatine, eggs, dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt etc), honey. Basically, anything that is produced by or from an animal, dead or alive.

The error in your first paragraph is saying that "strict vegetarians add milk products and seafood to the list". No vegetarians eat seafood or fish. The fairly recently-coined term "pescatarian" refers to someone who doesn't eat meat or poultry but does eat fish and seafood.

zeyadsama

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Before I look at your actual essay, let me set you straight about what vegetarians do and don't eat (I've been vegetarian for over twenty years and vegan for nearly two).

Vegetarian: does not eat meat, poultry, fish, seafood, gelatine. Basically, nothing that requires the death of an animal.
Vegan: does not eat meat, poultry, fish, seafood, gelatine, eggs, dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt etc), honey. Basically, anything that is produced by or from an animal, dead or alive.

The error in your first paragraph is saying that "strict vegetarians add milk products and seafood to the list". No vegetarians eat seafood or fish. The fairly recently-coined term "pescatarian" refers to someone who doesn't eat meat or poultry but does eat fish and seafood.

Then, I have scientific errors, after I read for 2 hours articles related to this subject. Nothing is correct 100%.
It's best to know from a vegan person rather than reading wrong articles ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.