English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I was trying to use appositives.

I see. You should have told us that's what you were doing at the beginning. If I'd known that, I would have given you a very different set of answers. Next time, tell us exactly what you're trying to learn in post #1.

2-Vito is a powerful man. And he is kind to all those who give him respect, is ruthless against those who do not.

Firstly, there's no appositive here. All you've done is connect two separate sentences with a transitional conjunction.

3-Vito who is a powerful man. He is kind to all those who give him respect, but is ruthless against those who do not.

That's ungrammatical. The word who is wrong.

4-Vito, is a powerful man. He is kind to all those who give him respect, ruthless against those who do not.

The comma there is wrong. You can't use a comma between the sentence subject and main verb.

This is what you're trying to do, grammatically:

Vito, a powerful man, is kind to all those who give him respect and ruthless to those who do not.

The bold part is the appositive phrase. If you remove it, along with the commas that separate it, the sentence is still grammatical and makes sense.