We are asked to do a letter of intent for an interview. Can someone proofread this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekaterinacahill

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Greetings for our Barangay Captain!
I am a Grade 9 student from Caloocan High School. We are conducting an interview that aims the enrichment of the studentÂ’s knowledge about the latest Economical situation on our nation.
In line with this, may I request from your good office to allow me to perform an interview with you. The questions would be as follows:
a) What is the Republic Act No. 10963 also known The Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Act?
b) How will the tax reform act affect your community?
c) Being barangay leaders, how would you deal with the inflation rate?
d) What are the programs your barangay has arranged to help with this problem of the people?

Please consider my humble request for your time.
I am looking for a favourable response regarding this matter. Thank you!

Respectfully Yours,

Justine V. Caranay
Interviewer

nigele2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Greetings for our Barangay Captain!
I am a Grade 9 student from Caloocan High School. We are conducting an interview that aims the enrichment of the studentÂ’s knowledge about the latest Economical situation on our nation.
In line with this, may I request from your good office to allow me to perform an interview with you. The questions would be as follows:
a) What is the Republic Act No. 10963 also known The Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Act?
b) How will the tax reform act affect your community?
c) Being barangay leaders, how would you deal with the inflation rate?
d) What are the programs your barangay has arranged to help with this problem of the people?

Please consider my humble request for your time.
I am looking for a favourable response regarding this matter. Thank you!

Respectfully Yours,

Justine V. Caranay
Interviewer

Justine, first a big welcome to the forum. I have had the pleasure of visiting your country, a great experience, so I thought I would pick this up.

Here there are many very experienced teachers, academics, and those just interested in languages, who can help you. But they cannot help you with homework. Your post, no offence intended, looks a bit like it might be homework? Please accept my apologies if that is not the case and let us know.

The reason we cannot help with homework is that your teacher needs to be able to assess your progress. Based on this assessment they can tailor their teaching to best allow you to make progress.

But, and it is a big but, we can still help you.

First I'll ask you to answer two questions:

Is there just one interview? Have you interviewed other people (in the past)? Will you be interviewing more (in the future)?
Can you describe what is a "barangay"? Is it a political party, a position a person may hold, a group of people, a government, or something else?

I look forward to your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.