We will provide you a quotation that included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Is the following sentence correct and natural?

We will provide you a quotation that included cost, possible deliver day, discount and final stock available for your consideration.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is the following sentence correct and natural?

We will provide you a quotation that included includes/will include cost, possible delivery day, discount, and final stock available for your consideration.
See above. I don't understand the underlined part. Is it one phrase ("final stock [that is] available for your consideration") and will be part of the quotation? Alternatively, does "for your consideration" link with "We will provide a quotation ..."?

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
See above. I don't understand the underlined part. Is it one phrase ("final stock [that is] available for your consideration") and will be part of the quotation? Alternatively, does "for your consideration" link with "We will provide a quotation ..."?
See above. I don't understand the underlined part. Is it one phrase ("final stock [that is] available for your consideration") and will be part of the quotation?
Yes, it is.

Alternatively, does "for your consideration" link with "We will provide a quotation ..."?
Yes, it is.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
See above. I don't understand the underlined part. Is it one phrase ("final stock [that is] available for your consideration") and will be part of the quotation?
Yes, it is.

Alternatively, does "for your consideration" link with "We will provide a quotation ..."?
Yes, it is.
It can't be both. That was an "either/or" question.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
It can't be both. That was an "either/or" question.
We will provide a quotation that includes cost, possible delivery date, discount etc. Or, we will update the stock available for your consideration.

Is it better now?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We will provide a quotation that includes cost, possible delivery date, and any discount we can offer you. etc. Or Alternatively, we will give you an update on the stock that's currently available for your consideration purchase.
I've made it grammatical above. I'm not sure that the end result is what you really mean. Please give us more context. Who are you sending this to? Is this for online ordering and delivery?

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I appreciated your corrections for me. Can you please check the following question who I raised to you?

First parts,

We will provide a quotation that includes cost, possible delivery date, discount etc.
I think this sentence is nothing wrong but using or picking all of the words may not be fitted and express my meaning is not clear. I saw too many e-mails structural in local but nothing wrong If I understand you.

Or, we will update the stock available for your consideration.
I used a word "consideration" because I quote it from my e-mail and make sense, I though. I use consideration that reflect the word "stock", our customer may understand and nothing wrong.

Second parts,
I'm not sure that the end result is what you really mean. Please give us more context. Who are you sending this to? Is this for online ordering and delivery?

This is exactly an order conversations with our customer from the real world.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I appreciated appreciate your corrections. for me. Can you please check answer the following questions? who I raised to you?
You don't want us to check your questions. You want us to answer them.
First parts:

We will provide a quotation that includes cost, possible delivery date, discount etc.
I think there is nothing wrong with this sentence is nothing wrong but maybe some of the words using or picking all of the words I chose may not be fitted might not be appropriate and might not express my meaning is not clearly.
My main problem with that sentence is the use of "etc". You need to be very clear about exactly what your quotation will include. How is the reader supposed to know what "etc" covers?
I saw too many e-mails structural in local but nothing wrong If I understand you.
I'm afraid I have no idea at all what this sentence means.
Or, we will update the stock available for your consideration.
I used a
the word "consideration" because I quoted it from my e-mail and I thought it make made sense. I thought.
I don't understand the underlined part. I thought the whole text in post #1 was quoted from your email exchange. Do you mean that someone else used the word "consideration" in an email to you so you copied it?
I used "consideration" that to reflect the word "stock".
In what way does one word "reflect" the other?
Our customer may might understand it and maybe nothing is wrong.
I've tried to guess what you meant by that sentence.
Second parts part:
I'm not sure that the end result is what you really mean. Please give us more context. Who are you sending this to? Is this for online ordering and delivery?

This is exactly
what was said in an order conversations conversation with one of our customers from the real world.
If you've already had this conversation, it's a bit late to ask us to correct your end of it. Did the customer understand everything you said? Is the customer a native English speaker? If not, why are you emailing in English?

With all due respect, I think you're trying to construct texts that are too difficult for your level of English.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
You don't want us to check your questions. You want us to answer them.
Yes, it is.
My main problem with that sentence is the use of "etc". You need to be very clear about exactly what your quotation will include. How is the reader supposed to know what "etc" covers?
I quoted details from original sentences were clear. Customer know it. However, I found native speaker was quite difficult understand or might not understand clearly beacuse my English level hasn't arrived a standard level.

I'm afraid I have no idea at all what this sentence means.
I mean I saw my colleagues communicated with customer using these grammar structural.

I don't understand the underlined part. I thought the whole text in post #1 was quoted from your email exchange. Do you mean that someone else used the word "consideration" in an email to you so you copied it?
Yes, I get it and it maybe no errors. I quoted it and used it here.

In what way does one word "reflect" the other?
It is possible to say "reflect" a "stock" to "consideration". For example, we have stock, you will consider to buy it if I use the "consideration" correctly.

I've tried to guess what you meant by that sentence.
Our customer is a local people. He understood it because i think he translates it word by word.

If you've already had this conversation, it's a bit late to ask us to correct your end of it. Did the customer understand everything you said? Is the customer a native English speaker? If not, why are you emailing in English?
I'm not sure native speaker will understand it.

With all due respect, I think you're trying to construct texts that are too difficult for your level of English.
Yes, you are correct. My English is a beginner level. It's equal to primary school students as level 1 or a kindergarten level.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I can appreciate your attempts to learn, but as emsr2 suggested, this is simply too complex a task for you at your current English level. We are even having difficulties understanding what you're asking. Similarly, your explanations are unfortunately so ungrammatical that it's difficult to grasp what you're trying to say.

I don't wish to be insulting, but I don't think it's a good idea for you to be attempting communications with clients in English. Perhaps leave the English communications to some of these other colleagues whose emails you're trying to quote.

It's not going to work very well if you simply try to cut and paste from other peoples' emails, unless it's exactly 100% the same situation every time.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, it is.
This sentence is grammatically correct.
I quoted details from original sentences were clear.
This sentence has no meaning.
Customer know it.
However, I found native speaker was quite difficult understand or might not understand clearly beacuse my English level hasn't arrived a standard level.
I mean I saw my colleagues communicated with customer using these grammar structural.
Yes, I get it and it maybe no errors. I quoted it and used it here.
It is possible to say "reflect" a "stock" to "consideration".
Is it? What makes you think that and what do you mean by it?
For example, we have stock, you will consider to buy it if I use the "consideration" correctly.
Our customer is a local people.
He understood it because I think he translated it word by word.
This sentence is understandable but contained two errors.
I'm not sure a native speaker will understand it.
You're right about that. None of the native speakers here have been able to understand most of your posts.
Yes, you are correct. My English is at beginner level. It's equal to primary school students, such as level 1 or a kindergarten level.
In that case, as Skrej just said, you shouldn't be attempting to communicate with customers in English.

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
We will provide a quotation that includes cost, possible delivery date, discount etc. Or, we will update the stock available for your consideration.

Is it better now?
Let's disscue this one first. We will provide a quotation that includes cost, delivery date, discount etc. Or, we can update our lastest info. for your consideration.
The word "consideration" have to be no problem.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Let's discuss this one first.
Let's not. emsr2d2 has already told you that including 'etc' is unhelpful.

Analysing every one of those sentences would be flooding the forum.

As Skrej said, 'With all due respect, I think you're trying to construct texts that are too difficult for your level of English'.

Last edited:

output

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Three native speakers are saying my English level is not stable, too much errors in the sentences. I will try my best to make my English stable. Please lock my thread. Enjoyed the weekend.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Three native speakers are saying my English level is not stable high, and there are too much many errors in the sentences. I will try my best to make improve my English. stable. Please lock my thread. Enjoyed the weekend.
Note my corrections above.

You can improve your English on this forum but you need to make sure that you start with the basics. Threads such as this one won't help you because they're too complicated. For example, in this thread you've used "standard" and "stable" to describe your English but neither word was appropriate. You don't want your English to be "stable" at this stage - that means that it's not moving!
Take some time to look at the other posts in "Ask A Teacher" to get an idea of how to ask a basic question.

I will lock this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.