Well, most people watch TV all around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introvert

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Could you check my sentences... Grammatically...

I have made some sentences related to IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics & Questions. They are suitable for the following questions:

Describe a television program that you like to watch.
You should say:
what program it is
what the program is about
how often do you watch it
and explain why you like watching this program.

Well, most people watch TV all around the world. Some of them like watching it to get some useful information. Others watch it to kill time for fun. As for me, I used to watch it when I was a teenager. I mostly watched sports, documentaries, sitcoms, news, cartoons, and film channels. When it came to my favorite TV program, it was film channels because I liked watching them. So, I usually watched adventure films. Because this kind of film built our desire to search for more in our lives. I suppose I watched them 3 or 4 times a week. Most of them were suitable for all ages, I thought so. Also, I can say that it was an enjoyable pastime. Nowadays, honestly, I don’t watch TV because I found that the Internet is full of better material, I’ve been streaming videos, which is a much more efficient way to enhance my knowledge. I only watch TV when I am a guest at someone’s home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I suggest that for the time being you stick to saying you "wrote" some sentences.

Say:

Describe a television program you like to watch.

Or:

Describe a television program you like.

While the use of "that" is not ungrammatical, it's not necessary.

What do you mean by "given questions"?

You could say you did your best. (If that's what you mean.)

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

You should say:
.*what the program is*what it is about
*how often you watch it
*why you like it

Introvert

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
I suggest that for the time being you stick to saying you "wrote" some sentences.

Say:

Describe a television program you like to watch.

Or:

Describe a television program you like.

While the use of "that" is not ungrammatical, it's not necessary.

What do you mean by "given questions"?

You could say you did your best. (If that's what you mean.)
I have made some sentences related to IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics & Questions.

Introvert

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Try:

You should say:
.*what the program is*what it is about
*how often you watch it
*why you like it
I meant these ones:

Well, most people watch TV all around the world. Some of them like watching it to get some useful information. Others watch it to kill time for fun. As for me, I used to watch it when I was a teenager. I mostly watched sports, documentaries, sitcoms, news, cartoons, and film channels. When it came to my favorite TV program, it was film channels because I liked watching them. So, I usually watched adventure films. Because this kind of film built our desire to search for more in our lives. I suppose I watched them 3 or 4 times a week. Most of them were suitable for all ages, I thought so. Also, I can say that it was an enjoyable pastime. Nowadays, honestly, I don’t watch TV because I found that the Internet is full of better material, I’ve been streaming videos, which is a much more efficient way to enhance my knowledge. I only watch TV when I am a guest at someone’s home.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

People all around the world watch TV. Some people watch for the news. Others watch it for entertainment.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Apparently, you watched pretty much everything that was on -- including three or four adventure films a week.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have made some sentences related to IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics & Questions.
Apparently, you don't agree with my suggestions.

That's better phrased than the original.

New title: TV.

Last edited:

Introvert

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Apparently, you don't agree with my suggestions.

That's better phrased than the original.

Note title: TV.
People all around the world watch TV. Some people watch for the news. Others watch it for entertainment.

As for me, I used to watch TV when I was a teenager. So, I can say that I usually watched TV shows such as traveling, sports, news, documentaries and cartoons. But, the most favourite one was sports. I usually watched them about two times a week. In that program, I mostly liked watching football because it was one of the most favourite types of sports for me. So, they usually took place at the weekends. Also, I can say that it was an enjoyable pastime.

Nowadays, honestly, I don’t watch TV programs because I found that the Internet is full of better material, I’ve been streaming videos, which is a much more efficient way to enhance my knowledge and kill your spare time. I only watch TV programs when I am a guest at someone’s home.

Still not good enough?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
People all around the world watch TV. Some people watch it for the news. Others watch it for entertainment.

As for me, I used to watch TV often when I was a teenager. So, I can say that I usually watched TV shows programs such as those on traveling, sports, news, documentaries and cartoons. But, the my most favourite one was sports. I usually watched them about two times (twice) a week. In that program, I mostly particularly liked watching football because it was one of the most favourite types of sports for me my favourite sport.. So, They usually took place at come on/are broadcast in the weekends. Also, I can say that it was an enjoyable pastime (I enjoyed watching football very much).

Nowadays, honestly, I don’t watch TV programs because I found that find the internet is full of better material, I’ve been streaming videos, which is a much more efficient way to enhance of enhancing my knowledge and killing your spare time. I only watch TV programs when I am a guest (visitor) at someone’s home.

Still not good enough?
See above.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would say, "My most favorite thing was sports." (I'm okay with "guest" there.)

It has to be good enough for you, not me.
🙂

Introvert

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
I would say, "My most favorite thing was sports." (I'm okay with "guest" there.)

It has to be good enough for you, not me.
🙂
Sorry about that. My English is not good enough. My current level is Pre-intermediate.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There is no need to submit a separate post to thank somebody, ubahrom. Just click on 'Like' at the bottom of the post you have found helpful, and then on the 'Thank' icon (see below).
Thanks

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Sorry about that. My English is not good enough. My current level is Pre-intermediate.
When Tarheel said "it has to be good enough for you", he meant "it has to satisfy you/you have to be happy with it yourself", not that your English is not good enough (a good teacher would not say that).

Last edited:

David_smith

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Or you can write like this as well:
Many people around the world enjoy watching TV. Some watch it to gain useful information, while others watch it for entertainment or to pass the time. When I was a teenager, I used to watch various types of programs, such as sports, documentaries, sitcoms, news, cartoons, and films. My favorite TV programs were film channels, particularly adventure films because they fueled my desire to explore and discover more in life. I think I watched these films about 3 or 4 times a week, and most of them seemed suitable for all ages. It was a truly enjoyable pastime.
However, nowadays, I don’t watch TV as much because I find the internet to be a more valuable source of information and entertainment. I prefer streaming videos, which I believe is a more efficient way to expand my knowledge. The only time I watch TV now is when I'm a guest at someone's home.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I thought numbers less than ten should be written in words.

Status
Not open for further replies.