German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hi there,

I'm creating subtitles for "Hux" (2016), to be found here:
(it's for fun, I don't get paid :) ).

There is everything OK but one particular line, at 1:16-1:17, the first line the man leaving the building is saying. I've got three different suggestions, one by an AI, two by a native speaker, but she was very unsure, too.

I don't want to spoiler the suggestions so far (at least not yet), to help you to keep a clean ear ;-)

I would love further suggestions, what do you hear (and does it make sense in the scene). The man never appeared before and doesn't appear after, so the is a closed scene, you can jump directly to the scene!

Thanks a bunch in advance
Detlev

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there. There's no need for a greeting. Just go ahead with your question.

I'm creating subtitles for "Hux" (2016), to be found here:

(It's for fun; I don't get paid. :) ) no full stop here

There is everything OK I understand everything but one particular line, at 1:16-1:17, the first line the man leaving the building is saying. I've got three different suggestions, one by an AI and two by a native speaker, but she was very unsure no comma here too.

I don't want to give any spoilers by giving you the suggestions I've had so far (at least not yet), to help you to keep a clean ear give me your unbiased opinion.

;-) Don't try to make your own emojis. If you really need one, use the :) icon in the toolbar (as you did earlier in your post).

I would love further suggestions. What do you hear (and does it make sense in the scene)? The man never appeared before and doesn't appear after, so the this is a closed scene. You can jump directly to the scene!

Thanks a bunch in advance. There's no need to thank us in advance.
Detlev Unnecessary.
Please note my corrections and comments above.

I hear "Hey. Ain't you the/that Hux girl?"