[Grammar] what does ' less established' mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabi1226

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Almost all of the studies that Rizzoli highlights in his review (2) involve children and adolescents, as the evidence for the influence of dairy foods on reducing (or preventing) fracture in adults is less established than that for increasing bone mass.

i don't get this sentence. does it mean that eaiting dairy food in adolescents influence increasing bone mass more than reducing fracture?

could someone simplify this sentence please? i don't get 'less established"...ㅜㅜ

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Almost all of the studies that Rizzoli highlights in his review (2) involve children and adolescents, as the evidence for the influence of dairy foods on reducing (or preventing) fracture in adults is less established than that for increasing bone mass.

I don't get this sentence. Does it mean that [strike]eaiting[/strike] eating dairy food in adolescents influences increasing bone mass more than reducing fracture?

Could someone simplify this sentence please? I don't get 'less established. [...ㅜㅜ] None of these symbols is required.

Please see my amendments above. Remember to capitalise the first letter of a new sentence at all times.

Does it help to realise that "less established" refers to "the evidence"?

Status
Not open for further replies.