What does the seller mean I think its alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodstudent

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
What does "hmm i think its alright! thanks tho" mean in the conversation below? Did the seller accept the offer of $30? Thank you.

Seller: what is your budget?

Buyer: i am thinking of $30. if too low, i do apologize.

Seller: hmm i think its alright! thanks tho

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Where did you find that conversation? It's very badly punctuated and capitalised.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You've posted the same thread here.

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.
(teechar)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What does "Hmm, I think it's alright! Thanks though" mean in the conversation below? Did the seller accept the offer of $30? Thank you.

Seller: What is your budget?
Buyer: I am thinking of $30. If that's too low, I do apologize.
Seller: Hmm, I think it's alright! Thanks though.

Please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence, including full sentences inside quotation marks, with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun).

Please write words out in full on the forum. "Tho" is not a word.

I'm not going to answer your question because you have already posted on another forum. It would be a waste of our time to answer when those on the other forum are already doing so.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not going to answer your question because you have already posted on another forum. It would be a waste of our time to answer when those on the other forum are already doing so.
With that in mind, I'm closing this thread. Goodstudent, feel free to PM a moderator in a week and ask for the thread to be reopened if you don't get satisfactory answers on the other forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.