Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
"What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now?" or "what... ever?"

1. What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
2. What was the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
3. What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now?
4. What was the most dangerous thing you have till now?

Are both correct?

If the 3 and 4 aren't correct, why aren't they correct?

Last edited:
Re: "What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now" or "what was the..."

Neither is correct because they don't end with a question mark.
What do you mean by "till now"? Have you considered using "ever" in your sentence?

Re: "What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now" or "what was the..."

I edited. Which one of these is correct?

Re: "What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now?" or "what... ever?"

Why aren't the number 3 and 4 correct?

Re: "What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now?" or "what was the...?"

Please don't do that again. It makes nonsense of teechar's post #2.

Next time, write your corrected sentences in a new post.

Re: "What is the most dangerous thing you have done till now?" or "what... ever?"

Why aren't [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] numbers 3 and 4 correct?

#3 doesn't need "till now" because the use of the present perfect ("have done"). That tense means "at any time up to and including now".
#4 is grammatically incorrect because the verb is incomplete - it uses just "have", not "have done".

And even if #4 did use have done, it would still be wrong because it uses was instead of is.

You should use present tense is because the question is more about the present than the past. That's also why you need a present tense in the other clause (... you have ever done).

To the op: I see that you have only clicked Like once even though you've been a member since August of last year.
I guarantee you that clicking Like/Thank will not give you RSI. On the contrary, it would encourage us to continue taking an interest in your posts and trying to help you.

RSI?

To the op: I see that you have only clicked Like once ...
... and you haven't clicked 'Thank' at all.:shock:

That confused me. I saw question marks and wondered what the problem was.

Uh . . .

Ridiculous sentence ideas?
Really smelly insteps?
Relatively severe indigestion?
Radically silly ideas?

I would have guessed the term originated here in the States.
Or perhaps Americans have already developed herd immunity to it. :-D

Or maybe Americans aren't all health care professionals . . . .
I first encountered the term in the eighties in the context of office workers. More and more people came to spend many hours a day at computer keyboards. After a few years of this, many of them found they were suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries. It was widely covered in the press.

In any case I like Charlie's suggestions, especially:

really silly ideas

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back