When do i use "spike" the ball and "smash" the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sab

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I want to express that i can powerfully hit the ball down over the net in order to "kill" the opponent in any ball games. I found i should use "spike" for volleyball and "smash" for tennis, badminton. I wonder are they interchangeable? or they are specific words used only for different ball games. Besides, can i use "smash" the ball for ping pong? Thanks for your reply.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I want to express that I can powerfully hit the ball down over the net in order to "kill" the opponent in any ball games. I found I should use "spike" for volleyball and "smash" for tennis no comma here and badminton. I wonder Are they interchangeable no question mark here or they are they specific words used only for different ball games? Besides, Can I use "smash" the ball for ping pong?

Thanks for your reply. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any response you find helpful.
Please note my corrections and comments. Remember that you must capitalise the word "I" (first person singular pronoun) every time you write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.