Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I want to describe a situation when hair is blowing in the wind. Can I use "twist"?

Is this okay?

As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked towards the deck and sat on a lounge. Jim watched her hair twisting in the cool wind.

What other words can I use instead of "twist"?

Last edited:
Are these correct?

1. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked towards the deck and sat on a lounge. Jim watched her hair twisting in the cool wind.

2. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked towards the deck and sat on a lounge. Jim watched her hair rippling in the cool wind.

You can't sit on a lounge. The lounge is another word for the living room in a house, or one of the large rooms on a ship. Given that she's outside on deck, that's clearly not what you mean. I think you're referring to some kind of chair. It might be a "lounger" (a bit like a chaise longue) or a deckchair or similar.

You can't sit on a lounge. The lounge is another word for the living room in a house, or one of the large rooms on a ship. Given that she's outside on deck, that's clearly not what you mean. I think you're referring to some kind of chair. It might be a "lounger" (a bit like a chaise longue) or a deckchair or similar.
You are right. Are these correct?

1. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked towards the deck and sat on a lounger. Jim watched her hair twisting in the cool wind.

2. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked towards the deck and sat on a lounger. Jim watched her hair rippling in the cool wind.

As it stands, it looks as if she sat on a lounger in the middle of her walk towards the deck. I think she probably walked out on deck, found a lounger, then sat down.

As it stands, it looks as if she sat on a lounger in the middle of her walk towards the deck. I think she probably walked out on deck, found a lounger, then sat down.
What about now?

1. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair twisting in the cool wind.

2. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair rippling in the cool wind.

Are these okay?

1. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair twisting in the cool wind.

2. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair rippling in the cool wind.

3. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair waggling in the cool wind.

Are these okay?

3. As the yacht sailed towards the island, Sara walked out on deck, found a lounger and sat on it. From the cockpit Jim watched her hair waggling in the cool wind.
You can just hit the like button if they are okay.🥲

I don't think you need to say that she found a lounger before she sat on it. That's pretty obvious. Also, it's not a cockpit on a yacht. It's the bridge (as it is on all boats/ships). You need a comma after "From the bridge".

Neither have I, but my wife spent ten years living/sailing on one.

I have used a pedalo- I don't remember a cockpit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back