where purpose is expressed with for, reason with ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
where purpose is expressed with for, reason with on account of and because of, and concession with in spite of = where purpose is expressed with for, where reason is expressed with on account of and because of, and where concession is expressed with in spite of?

Context:

Most semantic roles favor non-clausal structural realizations. Contingency adverbials are exceptional in that they favor clauses over non-clausal structures. It is possible to convey contingency relationships with prepositional phrases, as in the following examples,where purpose is expressed with for, reason with on account of and because of, and concession with in spite of:
Do it for fun. (CONV)
My auntie wouldn't let me blow on account of nty adma. (PICT)
Because of the takeover moves the meeting was cancelled. (NEWS)

Last edited:
The original is almost incomprehensible; it needs punctuation or some other way (such as italics or bold print) to mark out the words being discussed:

Most semantic roles favor non-clausal structural realizations. Contingency adverbials are exceptional in that they favor clauses over non-clausal structures. It is possible to convey contingency relationships with prepositional phrases, as in the following examples,where (= in which) purpose is expressed with for, reason with on account of and because of, and concession with in spite of:

The original is almost incomprehensible; it needs punctuation or some other way (such as italics or bold print) to mark out the words being discussed:

Most semantic roles favor non-clausal structural realizations. Contingency adverbials are exceptional in that they favor clauses over non-clausal structures. It is possible to convey contingency relationships with prepositional phrases, as in the following examples,where (= in which) purpose is expressed with for, reason with on account of and because of, and concession with in spite of:

Yes sir, thank you. I've edited the thread.

Now please answer my question:

expressed with for, reason with on account of and because of, and concession with in spite of= where purpose is expressed with for, where reason is expressed with on account of and because of, and where concession is expressed with in spite of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back