[General] While I was queuing, seeing the satisfied customers fueling their hunger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANAU

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
Hi.

I have constructed the sentence below. Can you please check if it is acceptable.
More specifically, I would like to know if I can start the second part of the sentence with "seeing" after the coma.

"While I was queuing, seeing the satisfied customers fuelling their hunger with different cuisines, it made me want to get my food faster."

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Say it like this:

[While I was queuing] seeing the satisfied customers fuelling their hunger with different cuisines made me want to get my food faster.

You can see I removed it, which makes the whole of the blue part the subject of made.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi.

I have constructed the sentence below. Can you please check if it is acceptable.
More specifically, I would like to know if I can start the second part of the sentence with "seeing" after the coma.

"While I was queuing, seeing the satisfied customers fuelling their hunger with different cuisines, it made me want to get my food faster."

I am not sure about the word "fuelling" in the sentence as it is normally used to mean making something more intense, as in fuelling speculation, fuelling criticism, etc.
I think satiating/appeasing/assuaging would be more appropriate in the context.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Hi.[/STRIKE]

I [STRIKE]have constructed[/STRIKE] wrote the sentence below. Can you please check if it is [STRIKE]acceptable[/STRIKE] correct?
More specifically, I would like to know if I can start the second part of the sentence with "seeing" after the comma.

Note my corrections above.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I think satiating/appeasing/assuaging would be more appropriate in the context.

Or even feeding, but I agree that fuelling doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.