Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Hello,

Would you please check this for me?

Why did I decide to choose polymer engineering as my major?

It dates back to the time when my father and I were on a trip to the North of Iran. While he was driving up the road, all of a sudden we heard breaking news broadcasted as, "Annually, up to 13 million tons of plastic leak into our oceans, where it threatens vulnerable and precious marine wildlife. The plastic that ends up in the oceans can circle the Earth four times in a single year, and it can persist for up to 1,000 years before it fully disintegrates. The use of plastic is on the rise among Iranians, as over 3,000 tons of plastic waste is generated per day in the country".

The news was so shocking and appalling that made me think a lot during the whole trip. As a high school student, my thoughts had been overwhelmed with the news and had always wanted to come up with a solution to help lessen the effect of such devastating environmental threats.
As a result, when it came to choosing a major, I thought it would be a polymer engineering field that eventually could help me to have a role and a closer step in tackling environmental pollution.

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE] It dates [/STRIKE] My decision to study polymer engineering goes back to the time when my father and I were on a trip to the North of Iran. While he was driving, [STRIKE] up the road, all of a sudden we heard breaking news broadcasted as, [/STRIKE] I heard on the radio that [STRIKE] "Annually, [/STRIKE] up to 13 million tons of plastic leak into our oceans annually, where it threatens vulnerable and precious marine wildlife. The plastic that ends up in the oceans can circle the Earth four times in a single year, and it can persist for up to 1,000 years before it fully disintegrates. The use of plastic is on the rise [STRIKE] among Iranians, as [/STRIKE] in Iran, with over 3,000 tons of plastic waste [STRIKE] is [/STRIKE] generated per day in the country.

The news was so shocking and appalling that [STRIKE] made me think a lot [/STRIKE] I kept thinking about it during the whole trip. As a high school student, [STRIKE] my thoughts had been overwhelmed with the news and had always [/STRIKE] I wanted to come up with a solution to help lessen the effect of such devastating environmental threats.
As a result, when it came to choosing a major, I thought [STRIKE] it would be a [/STRIKE] polymer engineering would be the field that [STRIKE] eventually [/STRIKE] could help me [STRIKE] to have a role and a closer step in tackling[/STRIKE]pursue my goal of finding solutions for environmental pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.