Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Having rounded Joe Hart from a clearly offside position, Ji ran to the crowd and after being mobbed a fan came from left field, with a steward in pursuit, to put a smacker on the South Korean striker.

This is from a news article, and I don't understand the red phrase. Isn't steward a guy's name????

Having rounded Joe Hart from a clearly offside position, Ji ran to the crowd and after being mobbed a fan came from left field, with a steward in pursuit, to put a smacker on the South Korean striker.

This is from a news article, and I don't understand the red phrase. Isn't steward a guy's name????
No, "Stewart" or "Stuart" are names.

More respect to you if you'd take a moment to look up "steward" in the dictionary before posting . . . :-?

More respect to you if you'd take a moment to look up "steward" in the dictionary before posting . . . :-?

Sorry....-_-;;.. How do I not know steward and stewardess,,,

but I still don't understand the phrase. ㅠㅜ

'You might also want to look up 'in pursuit'... and 'with' now I think of it. ;-) 'With A in B' means that A was doing whatever verb is associated with B; in this case the steward was pursuing him.

A 'smacker' is a flamboyant kiss. (The fan wanted to show his approval.)

b

'You might also want to look up 'in pursuit'... and 'with' now I think of it. ;-) 'With A in B' means that A was doing whatever verb is associated with B; in this case the steward was pursuing him.

A 'smacker' is a flamboyant kiss. (The fan wanted to show his approval.)

b

Thank you so much. ㅠㅠ

and sorry for my laziness and stupidity to all...

sometimes (or more often) my brain just doesn't work. ㅡ.ㅡ

Last edited:
Sometimes my brain doesn't either, and I'm working in my NATIVE language. No worries!

I still don't know what a flight attendant was doing on a soccer field. ;-)

Yup - brainlessness seems to be part of the human condition (ironic really, in homo sapiens) ;-)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back