• Thread starter Deleted member 724652
  • Start date
  • Views : 479
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 724652

Dear friends
What does the author mean by the last part?

At first we were glad that Miss Emily would have an interest, because the ladies all said, "Of course a Grierson would not think seriously of a Northerner, a day laborer." But there were still orders, older people, who said that even grief could not cause a real lady to forget noblesse oblige - without calling it noblesse oblige.

Source: the short story A Rose for Emily

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
D

Deleted member 724652

You mean I'm not allowed to ask a question which I have raised in another forum? If so, I would like to delete my account in this forum.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
We ask members not to post here questions they have already posted in another forum unless they have not received satisfactory answers there. If that happens, we ask you to post a link to that other forum so that we can see what has been said there.

Many of us are members of other forums, and it is frustrating if we spend time responding to a question in one forum only to find it has already received a satisfactory response in another.

D

Deleted member 724652

We ask members not to post here questions they have already posted in another forum unless they have not received satisfactory answers there. If that happens, we ask you to post a link to that other forum so that we can see what has been said there.

Many of us are members of other forums, and it is frustrating if we spend time responding to a question in one forum only to find it has already received a satisfactory response in another.
Your argument is completely sensible.
I'm sorry for unwittingly having broken the rules of this forum.
Please let me know how to delete my account.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There is no need at all to leave this forum. As I said, many of us are members of other forums - we enjoy reading, and participating in, the different threads there. Indeed, at last three of the past/present moderators here have been mods in other forums - one still is.

However, if you wish to delete your account, post a request in the User Support Area, and one of the administrators will delete it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you were happy with the response on WordReference (as you said you were), it would be a better idea for us to simply close this thread. If you really want to delete your account, of course you can, but I think being a member will benefit you as long as you remember to follow the guidelines.

D

Deleted member 724652

If you were happy with the response on WordReference (as you said you were), it would be a better idea for us to simply close this thread. If you really want to delete your account, of course you can, but I think being a member will benefit you as long as you remember to follow the guidelines.
Yes, I'm really happy with WR and its members. My first experience here wes really disappointing. So, I would appreciate my account being deleted.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Fair enough. I'll close this thread. I see you've posted in the Support Area already. I'm sure an administrator will get to your request soon.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Status
Not open for further replies.