Would anyone be interested in giving feedback on my American pronunciation trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acurioustutor

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
UK
Hiya! I’m a pronunciation tutor, and teaching pronunciation is truly my passion. To help with my lessons, I am (slowly) creating pronunciation practice videos for my students. I would like to improve my videos by hearing feedback from a variety of students. As such, I would like to form a “focus group” (to find a group of people who can give me feedback on my videos).

I just want to feel confident that I’m “on the right track” (that is, that I’m doing things correctly and “heading in the right direction”). Especially before I make my “R” series, I want to make sure everything is okay.

Here’s how I’m thinking it would work:
  • You would DM me your email address
  • Once or twice a month, I will send out a group email to everybody with a link to a Google Forms survey and a video. Here is an example of the survey, with a link to the video at the top. So, you simply watch the video and then answer the short survey (and all surveys will be anonymous / without your name, of course!)
  • It's hard to guess, but maybe this will last 6-8 months

In return, I will very happily do what I can to help you with your pronunciation! For example, you could send me an mp3 of your pronunciation (perhaps with the exercises from the lesson) and I will give you feedback :)

If you are interested or have any questions, please do let me know. I would be exceptionally grateful to anyone willing to participate! :)

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I don't understand how learners could provide useful feedback. Wouldn't it make more sense to get feedback from experienced teachers of ESL/EFL?

By the way, I thought the AmE pronunciation video you posted was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.