Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I would like it if this report was revised . I am preparing for CAE on my own. Thank you!

“You have just finished a three-week study and work programme in an English-speaking country. You studied English language in the mornings and worked for a local company in the afternoons. The programme organiser has asked you to write a report about your experience. In your report, you should evaluate the programme, explaining which part of the programme was more useful, and suggest changes you would recommend for next year’s programme.”

STUDYING ENGLISH OVERSEAS

This report aims foremostly to assess my personal experience as a student being part of a programme. It was organised for us to both enter a workforce temporarily and develop our English skills.

OVERALL OPINION
At no time had I expected the course to have such a noticeable impact on my life. Not only have I increased my fluency and boosted my confidence while speaking the language, but i have had the opportunity to leave my comfort zone into the bargain.
From daybreak to day’s end I was productively learning: I attended classes until noon and displayed an administrative role in a local library.

SALIENT POINTS TO BE HIGHLIGHTED
Broadly, the programme was well-structured. I was particularly pleased by the division of the classes into sections , with the objective of gaining knowledge of a wide range of vocabulary (collocations, phrasal verbs…)
Additionally, given the library was enormous I got to recommend books about literature and tourism.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE
To my mind, I was so occupied that time flashed by. However, it would have been icing on the cake of we had done more sightseeing. The programme could include a couple of guide tours for us to practice our listening while observing our surroundings. Given the chance and the choice, I would by all means travel with the agency again, even if this was not implemented.

I hope this report is feliciously phrased so that it will be taken into account for next year’s programme.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I believe we already told you that such posts should be in the Editing and Writing Topics section (not Ask A Teacher). I have moved it for you this time. Please make sure you put posts in the relevant sections of the forum.

Last edited:

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please add the task instruction at the head of your posts. If you don't do that, how can we know whether you've covered the required content sufficiently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.