you're not going to angry your friend for working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Please listen to this video clip. It seems to me that the guy is saying "you're not going to angry your friend for working..." Is it true? If it is true - is "angry" the verb in this case and why there is no a preposition following "angry". Is it grammatically correct? Many thanks.

I could not hear that sentence. I heard," So your response is going to be that is that is fair enough....."
Can you mention the exact time?

You're not going to be angry at your friend for working [2:11]

The preposition is barely audible, if indeed audible at all.

I think he's using a glottal stop there.

starting from 2:15

svetlana14;1713320[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
It starts at 2:15.
Always tell us where the words happen in post 1 — not post 5!

I was going to skip this question because I didn't want to sit through over eight minutes of blah-blah-blah.

Didn't the audio clip refer to exact time in post 1? I tried again by clicking my clip and it appears everything work? In 6 I just asked to the question of mohammedabo who probably did not notice that the clip had the link to the specific time.

Your clip started (for me) after the utterance you asked about. Jutfrank's [2.11] was more helpful.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. My intention was to refer to the exact time but something went wrong.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. My intention was to refer to the exact time but something went wrong.
Just state the time in your text. If you don't, some of us might not click on the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back