Results for 'act'
- Length: 3 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: act
- Political vocab
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is a legal term.
- Term used in archaeology or anthropology
- Term used in the theatre
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Abstract Nouns; Action Verbs; Active; Impact sub; See out his contract
Definitions of Act:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'act' as word stem):