Results for 'cold'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: cold
- Health vocab
- Weather Vocab
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Definitions of Cold:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'cold' as word stem):
Prefix + 'cold'
acold, anticold, outscold, overcold, scold, supercold,
'cold' + Suffix
coldcock, colder, coldest, coldish, coldly, coldness, coldnesses, colds,