Results for 'dress'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: dress
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in the theatre
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Dressing room; Lose the dressing room
Definitions of Dress:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'dress' as word stem):
Prefix + 'dress'
address, ambassadress, battledress, eldress, embassadress, foundress, hairdress, headdress, laundress, maladdress, minidress, misaddress, nightdress, outdress, overdress, preaddress, readdress, redress, shirtdress, sundress, unaddress, underdress, undress, unredress, wardress,
'dress' + Suffix
dressage, dressages, dressed, dresser, dressers, dresses, dressier, dressiest, dressily, dressiness, dressing, dressings, dressmaker, dressmakers, dressmaking, dressmakings, dressy,