Results for 'girl'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: girl
- Human being
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Countable Noun
- Animate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Girl:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'girl' as word stem):
Prefix + 'girl'
cowgirl, newsgirl, papergirl, playgirl, salesgirl, schoolgirl, shopgirl, showgirl,
'girl' + Suffix
girlfriend, girlfriends, girlhood, girlhoods, girlie, girlies, girlish, girlishly, girlishness, girls, girly,