Results for 'left'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: left
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Irregular Verb- Past Simple
- Irregular Verb- Past Participle
- Adjectives modify Nouns
Related Glossary Definitions:
Cleft Sentences; Left-footed
Definitions of Left:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'left' as word stem):
Prefix + 'left'
antileft, cleft, fieldleft,
'left' + Suffix
lefter, leftest, lefthanded, lefties, leftish, leftism, leftisms, leftist, leftists, leftmost, leftover, leftovers, lefts, leftward, leftwards, leftwing, lefty,