Results for 'look'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: look
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Copula Verb
- Copula (also called copular or linking verbs) verbs connect the subject to the complement
- A verb describes an action or a state
- A verb can include information about the duration, time of the action or state, the people involved and whether it is habitual, complete or not
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Definitions of Look:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'look' as word stem):
Prefix + 'look'
outlook, overlook, relook, underlook, unlook,
'look' + Suffix
lookahead, lookalike, lookalikes, lookdown, lookdowns, looked, looker, lookers, looking, lookout, lookouts, looks, lookup, lookups,