Results for 'mine'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: mine
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Gullah, spoken in parts of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Possessive Pronoun or Adjective
- First Person Singular
- Pronouns replace nouns and noun phrases to reduce repetition
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
Related Glossary Definitions:
Definitions of Mine:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'mine' as word stem):
'mine' + Suffix
mineable, mined, minefield, minelayer, minelayers, miner, mineral, mineralize, mineralized, mineralizes, mineralizing, mineralocorticoid, mineralogic, mineralogical, mineralogically, mineralogist, mineralogists, mineralogy, minerals, minerological, minerologies, minerologist, minerologists, minerology, miners, minerva, mines, minestrone, minesweeper, minesweepers,