Results for 'mountainous'
- Length: 11 characters
- Syllables: 3
Results for word: mountainous
Results for stem word: mountain
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Concrete Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- We don't use THE in names of these
Definitions of Mountainous:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'mountain' as word stem):
Prefix + 'mountain'
'mountain' + Suffix
mountaineer, mountaineered, mountaineering, mountaineers, mountainous, mountainously, mountains, mountainside, mountainsides, mountaintop, mountaintops,