Results for 'play'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: play
- Term used in computing
- Sports Vocab
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- One of the 100 commonest verbs in English
- This is a common first name
- Term used in Gullah, spoken in parts of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia.
- Term used in football (soccer)
- Term used in American football
- Term used in investment
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Don't change the letter Y when adding -S or -ED
Definitions of Play:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'plai' as word stem):