Results for: Red
- Length: 3 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: Red
- Colour / Color
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Jamaican English
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Adjectives modify Nouns
- Adjectives usually come before Nouns or after a Verb like 'to be'
Related Glossary Definitions:
Outnumbered; Red card; Red Devils; Reduced to ten men; Stretchered off; Predicate; Predicative Adjectives; Redundancy