Results for 'town'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: town
- Countable Noun
- Inanimate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- Term used in Gullah, spoken in parts of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Town:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'town' as word stem):
'town' + Suffix
townee, townees, towner, towners, townfolk, townhall, townhome, townhouse, townhouses, townie, townier, townies, towniest, townish, townless, townlet, townlets, towns, townscape, townsfolk, township, townships, townsite, townsman, townsmen, townspeople, townswoman, townswomen, townwear, townwears, towny,