Results for 'well'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: well
- Adverb of manner
- Irregular adverb
- Adverbs can modify Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, Pronouns and whole Sentences
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Well:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'well' as word stem):