Results for 'where'
- Length: 5 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: where
- Relative pronoun
- Pronouns replace nouns and noun phrases to reduce repetition
- Question Word
- Relative Pronouns allow us to join simple sentences without unnecessary repetition
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- One of the 850 words in Basic English
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Where:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'where' as word stem):
Prefix + 'where'
anywhere, elsewhere, everywhere, nowhere, somewhere,
'where' + Suffix
whereabout, whereabouts, whereafter, whereas, whereases, whereat, whereby, wherefor, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinsoever, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereout, wheres, wheresoever, wherethrough, whereto, whereunder, whereunto, whereupon, wherever, wherewith, wherewithal,