Results for 'wife'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: wife
- Animate Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- Family Vocab
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- This is used in Geordie (spoken in and around Newcastle, England)
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
Definitions of Wife:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'wife' as word stem):
Prefix + 'wife'
alewife, farmwife, fishwife, goodwife, housewife, huswife, kalewife, midwife, oldwife,
'wife' + Suffix
wifed, wifedom, wifedoms, wifehood, wifehoods, wifeless, wifelier, wifeliest, wifelike, wifeliness, wifely, wifes,