Results for 'wish'
- Length: 4 characters
- Syllables: 1
Results for word: wish
- Nouns can be replaced by Pronouns
- One of the 220 words in the Dolch high frequency list
- In the top 2,000 words in the Brown Corpus
- This is a core verb in the BLC (Business Letter Corpus)
- Common word- this is one of the thousand words most frequently used in English.
- A list of about 3,000 words defined as easy for the Dale-Chall Readability Formula
- Countable Noun
- Names of people, places, organisations, etc begin with a Capital Letter and are called Proper Nouns
- Nouns are words giving names to objects and things, which can be physical or concepts, etc
- IF ONLY is used to express regret, exactly like I WISH
- You can say I WISH I,IT, SHE, HE + WERE or I, SHE,IT, HE + WAS
Definitions of Wish:
Cambridge Dictionaries |
New Zealand |
Similar Words (using 'wish' as word stem):
Prefix + 'wish'
jewish, lowish, narrowish, newish, outwish, rawish, sallowish, shrewish, slowish, swish, unwish, yellowish,
'wish' + Suffix
wisha, wishbone, wishbones, wished, wisher, wishers, wishes, wishful, wishfully, wishfulness, wishing, wishless, wishy,