"My midst" - does this sound well?
Iím going to create website where people can communicate and share some information.
I want to title my site "My midst".
As I think this title means something like "People who around me" or "All my friends" etc. But Iím not a native English speaker so I donít know if this title is well or maybe it sounds silly.
Pleace tell me does title ďMi midstĒ sound well and do I understand meaning of this expression correctly?
Re: "My midst" - does this sound well?
Originally Posted by Unregistered
***** NOT A TEACHER *****
(1) What a great idea for a website. I wish you great success.
(2) In my very humble opinion (English is my only language, but I am not an expert), you might consider another title.
(a) I don't think that "My Midst" would mean anything.
(3) If you wanted to, you could call it "Amidst Friends." (amidst = among)
(4) Hopefully, other posters will suggest some ideas.
(5) Exactly what kind of information do you wish to exchange? That information could be part of your title.
(6) There are many websites competing for viewers. So you need a title that will attract people. A title that includes the purpose of the website or maybe a word (in any language) that will attract people's attention.
(a) Let's say that your website is devoted to discussing the ice cream that is made in different countries. Maybe your website's title would be one word: the word for ice cream in Spanish or Chinese or Russian or ....
Have a nice day!
By Ju in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 13-Apr-2010, 18:17
By sentinel1818 in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 24-Jan-2010, 03:17
By yangmuye in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 22-Oct-2009, 15:32
By PROESL in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 11-Aug-2009, 15:41
By j4mes_bond25 in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 01-Jun-2006, 10:38
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO