- 4 Post By karyllemia
Guidelines on preparing a resume
* To pass the employer's screening process (requisite educational level, number years' experience, etc.), to give basic facts which might favorably influence the employer (companies worked for, political affiliations, racial minority, etc.). To provide contact information: an up-to-date address and a telephone number (a telephone number which will always be answered during business hours).
* To establish you as a professional person with high standards and excellent writing skills, based on the fact that the resume is so well done (clear, well-organized, well-written, well-designed, of the highest professional grades of printing and paper). For people in the art, advertising, marketing, or writing professions, the resume can serve as a sample of their skills.
* To have something to give to potential employers, your job-hunting contacts and professional references, to provide background information, to give out in "informational interviews" with the request for a critique (a concrete creative way to cultivate the support of this new person), to send a contact as an excuse for follow-up contact, and to keep in your briefcase to give to people you meet casually - as another form of "business card."
* To use as a covering piece or addendum to another form of job application, as part of a grant or contract proposal, as an accompaniment to graduate school or other application.
* To put in an employer's personnel files.
* To help you clarify your direction, qualifications, and strengths, boost your confidence, or to start the process of commiting to a job or career change.
Last edited by RonBee; 25-Nov-2007 at 17:00.
Reason: change "persons" to "people"
By Blu3 in forum CVs, Resumes and Applications
Last Post: 27-Jul-2006, 08:18
By fiona in forum CVs, Resumes and Applications
Last Post: 18-Oct-2004, 13:28
By Anonymous in forum CVs, Resumes and Applications
Last Post: 17-Oct-2004, 17:17
By joyce zhou in forum CVs, Resumes and Applications
Last Post: 17-Oct-2004, 17:14
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO