What word do you think is the hardest to pronounce???

• Thread starter Ramid
  • Start date
  • Views : 140,326
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way,the replies posted before seems to lead to "Tongue twisters".

psychologists

the sts is difficult to pronounce :S

A lady I was teaching today found the word 'deteriorate' extremely difficult to pronounce. Add 'ed' or 'ing' and it becomes even worse!

A lady I was teaching today found the word 'deteriorate' extremely difficult to pronounce. Add 'ed' or 'ing' and it becomes even worse!

Ah deteriorated! Curses! I have a lot of trouble with that word. I seem to add a second "ed" everytime I try to say it, but my worst is asks. Ask is fine, but asks is awful. I usually try and use questions instead.

333 is the one I hate ;-)

Hi ;-)
I have a problem with r-sound. When my friend and I talked about movies, I said that my favorite movie was "Spirited away." My friend laughed and told me that he understood what I meant, but I sounded as if I said "Spit it away." :shock:

i think that i facing difficiult when i pronunce the words which include p or b
such as barking and parking ,pig and big , indeed what is the difference between its pronunciation ? i think that it is very similar .

It could be a noun. In medical (psychiatric) use you could say 'He is suffering from lack of affect'

Also, as I guess Tdol knows, 'effect' can be a verb: "He effected a hasty retreat".

But for most teaching purposes, Tdol's rule of thumb works. (As a teacher I'm always making the mistake of trying to teach exceptional usages.)

b

well, as far as my pronunciation is concerned. i think the pronunciation itself is the hardest to be pronounced.

well, as far as my pronunciation is concerned. i think the pronunciation itself is the hardest to be pronounced.

Hello I´m Ana and I think the English word´s pronunciation is very difficult, I have serious problems with the th sound. When I have to say 3th, 20th, you don´t know how difficult is form me.
;-)

Andy! you need to pronunce the 3th as 3rd (Third) instead of 3th

New member "bigapple"

Hello everyone!

it's a great pleasure for me to find this blog and nice to meet you guys.
My id is "bigapplejin" since I live in New York; bigapple is New York's nickname.

Would you welcome me?
:-D

I am having a hard time to pronounce the word, "jewelry", and I practiced more than hundred times to pronounce "entrepreneur", and now I am confident to pronounce it.

Let a hundred Flemish speaking people read the word "variety" and you'll hear the utmost strange pronunciations. :lol:

i think no word is difficult to pronounce, the problem is how far we use our dictionaries in knowing the correct pronunciation for certain words>

i do not know the stress and pronunciation the word representative
can you give me the answer please,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back