Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
This is my writing, please make necessary corrections....
Hoping against hope that something interesting would happen, I stood by my window, facing the harbor. The day had long gone to sleep and melted into evening; the arc of the moon already topped over our buildings and on the horizon the tiny moving dots, made by the lights of the fishing boats were a real beauty to behold. Around the street lights some fire-flies were flattering round. I was devouring this beauty for I didn't know how long. I almost lost track of time, suddenly some sharp sound startled me, brought back to reality. An ambulance with siren blaring and light flashing, veered to the right at the turn-off to our locality. Finally it squealed to a skidding halt at my next door.

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
This is my writing, please make necessary corrections....

Not a teacher but I'll give it a go...

Hoping against hope that something interesting would happen, I stood by my window, facing the harbor. The day had long gone to sleep and melted into evening; the arc of the moon was already peaking over the buildings and on the horizon, the tiny moving dots made by the lights of the fishing boats were a real sight to behold. Fire flies were fluttering around the streetlights. I was engrossed in this beauty for I don't know how long. I almost lost track of time, when suddenly, a sharp sound startled me, bringing me back to reality. An ambulance with its siren blaring and lights flashing, had veered to the right at the turn-off my road. Finally it squealed to a skidding halt at my neighbours.

Hope this helps.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Not a teacher but I'll give it a go...

Hoping against hope that something interesting would happen, I stood by my window, facing the harbor. The day had long gone to sleep and melted into evening; the arc of the moon was already peeking over the buildings and on the horizon, the tiny moving dots made by the lights of the fishing boats were a real sight to behold. Fireflies were fluttering around the streetlights. I was engrossed in this beauty for I don't know how long. I almost lost track of time, when suddenly, a sharp sound startled me, bringing me back to reality. An ambulance with its siren blaring and lights flashing had veered to the right at the turn-off to my road. Finally it squealed to a skidding halt next door.

Hope this helps.

Good effort, Shroob.
I've just changed a few things.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.