Student or Learner
Native Language
Finnish
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
I would like to hear your opinion.

Last June I went to a Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English exam. I was delighted to receive Grade A, which gives me C2 rating (from that European chart with an overly long name :)). I was thinking about tossing more money to get Cambridge Proficiency in English (assuming that I'll be as lucky as I was in that CAE exam). However, I was thinking that is it necessary? CPE is used to prove C2 level, but what if you already received that rating from a less prestigious exam?

The reason why I'm trying to get these certificates is to demonstrate my ability to employees in case I'll start looking for work abroad. I have nothing specific in mind, but Brazil might be my #1 destination.

Just as a thought experiment:
FCE Grade A vs CPE (45 to 59 points). Which one would you value more if you were an employer?

I'd say an A at CAE is good enough to show to most employers. Very few will look down on it or regard it as much less prestigious than CPE. :up:

FCE Grade A vs CPE (45 to 59 points). Which one would you value more if you were an employer?

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "CAE Grade A vs CPE (45 to 59 points)"? In any case, I'm not sure what you mean by this. A score of 45 to 59 out of 100 for the CPE means that you failed it.

I think the person meant a good FCE grade against a poor CPE one.

In answer to the question, I am not sure of the knowledge level of many employers with the fine details of the exams.

Ah, I see. In that case, there isn't really a difference because both are at Level C1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back