Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello. I need subtitles for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6swtAUKzws Unfortunatelly, I can't recognize few words and I'm looking for some help. I need subtitles from first 88 seconds (till 1:28), no more. Thank you in advance!

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Malta
Here you go:

"Every day Thomas works, plays and buys things on the internet and sometimes he even speaks with his aunt Clarissa.
Today the internet is an integral part of Thomas' life. In fact, the internet is a world of virtually unlimited possibilities for all of us, but sadly also for criminals. Everyday they attack our computers, steal our personal and confidential information or send false messages from banks, that's how aunt Clarissa lost 600 euros. But cyber criminals also use computers to perpetrate other misdeeds such as fraud or theft of credit card details.

To plan and execute attacks on a large scale, cyber criminals often use bot nets, which are networks of compromised personal computers that have been infected by computer viruses. Cyber criminality may affect governments, businesses and even Thomas' computer. Without even knowing it Thomas may have already contributed in a small way towards the billions of euros of annual cyber crime profit. He may also have been one of the 1 million cyber crime victims there are in the world everyday, or his computer may have been infected by one of the today 150,000 computer viruses in circulation daily."

TMF

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here you go:

"Everyday thomas works, plays and buys things on the internet and sometimes he even speaks with his aunt Clarissa.
Today the internet is an integral part of thomas' life.
TMF

Note that it should be "Every day" at the start (not "everyday") and that "Thomas" should be capitalised every time.

Mateusz Nafalski

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
@TMF: Thank you so much for your help :) In my subtitles I had only one mistake - "misdeeds". Now I know what exactly he said.
By the way, don't you think there should be "infected", not "affected" (in both sentences)?

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Malta
@TMF: Thank you so much for your help :) In my subtitles I had only one mistake - "misdeeds". Now I know what exactly he said.
By the way, don't you think there should be "infected", not "affected" (in both sentences)?

You're welcome : ) I listened to the video again and yes, you're right!

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Malta
Note that it should be "Every day" at the start (not "everyday") and that "Thomas" should be capitalised every time.

Pardon the typos emsr2d2. Thank you for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.