Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Iceland
Quotation:

"A man must consider what a blindman's-bluff is this game of conformity."

Context doesn't matter because the question is just about the term "blindman's-bluff" in itself. In my dictionary that children's play when one has blinded eyes and tries to catch another one is spelled "blindman's-buff" (without a letter "l" in the "buff"-word). So are there two options possible or is there some kind of mistake, or... again an old version of the term?

Thank you. :up:

By the way, how do you do this trick that some word (expression) of your message acts as an internet link...:?:

Highlight the URL - in this case http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_man's_buff - then press Ctrl C.

Type 'Both versions are possible'. Highlight Both versions and click on Insert Link (next to the colour selector).

Enter the URL by pressing Ctrl V then OK.

Hope that helps.

Rover

Thank you very much for your detailed briefing! :up: I hope you don't mind if I try it once on some exemplary sentence. :) Let me see... :roll: Ok.:

"The best English language experts in the whooole wide internet you can find here". ;-)

Well. I find it pretty significant and powerful skill I achieved here and I am really grateful for your contribution to it. :up:

Well. I find it pretty significant and powerful skill I achieved here and I am really grateful for your contribution to it. :up:
So am I. I have been trying for a year to figure out how that works. Thanks, Rover.

You're very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back