Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

The father’s expression was stern almost forbidding, the mother’s kind. She looked at her daughter and saw hopefulness. Yewu gave her husband’s hand a gentle squeeze. The father, Libao, said, “You are the Moogh boy, are you not? The boy who saved and was saved by the Moogh? The boy who at five ran into the midst of a pack of wolves?” Yang just nodded, a little embarrassed.

“I would expect you to do the same for my daughter.”

Yang nodded again.

Libao nodded also, “Very well, Yang. She has our permission.”

Yang saw the relief in Qingmei’s face and felt the same in his own.

Later, after Yang had left, Qingmei was helping her mother in the kitchen. “Thank you, Mother.”

Yewu said, “Daughter, when you asked to be allowed to be a hunter rather than a farmer, you were very young, too young to make such a decision. Even so, we saw potential in it. First, was not having the need to trade for meat. Second, was Yang, a boy whose foolish bravery had recently made a friend of a beast never before seen. Your father and I saw a potential husband, one that would risk everything for his family.”

Qingmei was very surprised, even shocked. “You put me in his path on purpose?”

Her mother smiled. “Are you not happy with the result of our thinking? He now seems like a very nice young man.”

Qingmei nodded. “Yes, I am very glad of the outcome, Mother, but it feels a little contrived. I hope Yang understands.”

Yewu laughed. "Contrived, yes, but contrived by your father and me, not you."

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Interesting. Please continue. (A couple of minor changes are possible.)

Is there more?

Status
Not open for further replies.