Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I read a local government notice of Wu long this afternoon. It says to the tourists that they need to show their PCR (with 48 hours) test report before going into those tourist attractions there. Wulong is a famous district for its many tourist attractions.

I then said to my friend:

A PCR test is required before entering the tourists attractions in Wu Long.

Is my sentence natural?

I read a local government notice [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] at Wulong this afternoon. It [STRIKE]says to[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] tells/informs tourists that they need to show their PCR (within 48 hours) test report before [STRIKE]going[/STRIKE] they are allowed into those tourist attractioins there. Wulong is a [STRIKE]famous[/STRIKE] district famous for its many tourist attractions.

I then said to my friend:

A PCR test is required before entering the [strike]tourists[/strike] tourist attractions in Wulong.

Is my sentence natural?

I would write:
Tourists are required to show their PCR test reports (done within 24 hours) before they are allowed into the tourist attractions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd write "A negative PCR test is required for entry to [all] Wulong tourist attractions".

You need the done within the last 24 hours.

The original said 48 hours, so you need "A negative PCR test, taken within 48 hours of arrival, is required for entry to all Wulong tourist attractions".

OK 48, but it is needed.

OK 48, but it is needed.

Sorry, I wasn't correcting your 24-hour version. I realised I had left out the time limit from my original suggestion so I wanted to rewrite it.

One problem with forum threads. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back