A person who jumps from high buildings is a ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Who is a person whose hobby is jumping from high buildings using rope to entertain people?

Last edited:
An idiot. :-D
You're probably right. If the person used a stretchable cord (not really a rope though it looks like one) to jump, I would call him a bungee jumper. A bungee cord is a rope-like line that stretches and will not (the jumper hopes) pull apart.

It's not usually the kind of thing someone does to entertain other people. Bungee jumping is for the enjoyment (or terror) of the person who is doing it. It makes no difference whether anyone sees you do it or not. I realise that there are a few "showmen" in the world who have staged such dives off things like the Eiffel Tower but they generally do it for the fame and celebrity and as a public relations stunt rather than to entertain the people who are watching it happen.

When I bungee-jumped in New Zealand I was watched by a friend and, at the last moment and very unexpectedly, an entire coachload of Japanese tourists who got off their bus, photographed/filmed my jump, applauded and, by the time I got back to my friend, had all got back on the bus and left! Very odd.

When I bungee-jumped in New Zealand I was watched by a friend and, at the last moment and very unexpectedly, an entire coachload of Japanese tourists who got off their bus, photographed/filmed my jump, applauded and, by the time I got back to my friend, had all got back on the bus and left! Very odd.

It might well be that one of our Far East members keeps a copy of that moment! :lol:

It might well be that one of our Far East members keeps a copy of that moment! :lol:

I did think that it was a little weird that all those people would head home, and then when the time came to show their friends and family their holiday photos/videos, there would be me, a complete stranger, hurtling headfirst off a bridge! Really not sure how interesting that would be for the viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back